20 August 2010

Simple sewing projects on the horizon

I've been itching to sew, but our current apt has been a sauna in this extremely hot weather. So much for moving north for cooler summers! However, today I have a half-day of work and I really do want to get some sewing done. I have several projects that are calling for finishing, but I wanted to post a couple of links that look quick, fun, and definitely useful.

Over at Sew Mama Sew today they had a posting asking for your favorite sewing tutorial. I've been looking for a good one to make those reusable fabric lunch bags I've seen on Etsy and on other sites. And today someone linked to a really good one. Will let you know how mine turn out.

I've also been wondering what to do what a number of T-shirts that I have that have sentimental value but which I do not wear. One good idea was this T-shirt turned shopping bag. Since it is very minimal sewing, I am considering making a few today. Another interesting use for a big t-shirt is this tutorial for yoga pants. I'm always looking for additions to my workout wear that won't cost much. May have to try this.

1 comment:

PixieSwimmer said...

Thanks for the links! :)

How did the sewing projects turn out? :)