05 December 2007

Quotes

I adore quotes. I love to read them, find them, share them. But I don't give them as much mental chew-time, generally speaking, as they deserve. I left St. Francis De Sales up for quite awhile because I felt like he needed more chewing. However, it is a very long quote and I thought something short and pithy was due. So, I am inserting it here as a post so that I can find it again and others can check it out who don't normally visit my blog in real space/time. And you also have the opportunity to take in a new one:-)

The everlasting God has in His wisdom foreseen from eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift from His all-knowing eyes,

understood with His Divine mind,

tested with His wise justice,

warmed with loving arms

and weighted with His own hands to see that it be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for you.

He has blessed it with His holy Name,

anointed it with His grace,

perfumed it with His consolation,

taken one last glance at you and your courage,

and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God.

--St Francis de Sales

No comments: