11 June 2009

What has been on my mind

This is where I am at right now, and I thought I would share it with you:

Philippians 3:10 (Amplified Bible)

10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [a]">[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death,

This has been my life verse since I was a teenager... I even used it as the anchor for my graduation speech in 1997. Recently I decided to re-visit it and I realize that this has not defined my life for some time. Much repentance has followed and a renewed intentionality to make central what is most important: my Beloved Reedemer, Lord and Friend. Thankfully, he still remembers me even when I am not remembering him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm commenting back on a comment you left on my blog about teaching writing. You had a very interesting point about the old authors having read a lot. I confess that I had not thought of that before.

I am not suggesting in my post that none of the mechanics of writing can be taught - I speak specifically of such classes and books that outline the "right" way to develop characters and plot. In that, I believe, there is no "right" way in general - only a right way for each individual.

I’m very grateful for your comment. You’re the first person to comment and be open to discussing both sides of this topic, and I hope that you will continue to read and comment on my blog - I would love to hear someone with a degree in creative writing’s opinion on my thoughts of writing.

~ Katherine Anne

P.S. Have you ever considered doing NaNoWriMo? It would be another great way to put your degree to use.

Unknown said...

Well, it depends on what you mean by rules - there is a lot of variance on the definition of writing rules, I have noticed.

No, I have not read that book, I should see if my library has it. I do try to read widely, though I must admit that I dislike poetry, and usually end up reading more novels because of it. Despite my dislike of it, though, I have completed Beowulf, and am in the process of reading part of The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spencer. I am actually enjoying it, too.

I must say, though, it's too bad you can't participate in NaNoWriMo, perhaps you and I could do a mini NaNoWriMo sometime. I'm always looking for a chalange to get me to write, and it would be interesting to try it with a creative writing major. :) Until then, however, I shall have content myself with looking at some of your poetry posts, which I shall do as soon as I am able.

Have a good week end!

~ Katherine Anne